Our Maidenhair Fern is organically grown on our renewable fields and is scientifically known as Adiantum pedatum. This is a delicate fern with distinctive leaves and popular in shaded gardens and found in the wild in moist woodlands. It is known for its finely divided and fan-shaped fronds and has black stems which makes it a popular choice for indoor decorations.
- Name: Maidenhair Fern
- Scientific Name: Adiantum pedatum
- Appearance: This fern has delicate, fan-shaped fronds with a lush, vibrant texture and has distinctive black stems.
- Color: The fronds have a rich, vibrant green color but the stems are black.
- Environment: The Mairdenhair Fern can be found in shaded or partially shaded areas.
- Soil Preference: It prefers moist, well-drained soil similar to moss that reflect its natural woodland habitat but it can adapt to indoor planting conditions as long as there is enough moisture and shade.
- Air Purification: This fern is known for contributing to improved air quality.
- Growth Habit: It has a spreading growth habit and serves as an attractive ground cover when planted in groups. This fern can form a dense carpet of foliage which prevents soil erosion and weed growth.
- Maintenance: The Maidenhair fern needs consistent moisture and indirect light and is a little bit more fragile than other ferns.
- Benefits: The Maidenhair Fern is a functional plant because it can act as air purification and soil stabilization, and of course, it creates serene, shaded green spaces.
- Usage: This fern is perfect for adding texture to garden pathways, shaded garden beds and lawns, indoor terrariums, or near ponds.