The Wettable Sulfur PH adjuster comes in a bag of 5lb and it will adjust the PH of your moss garden to the ideal PH range of 4.5 and 5.5. You can apply this product in the two different ways.
1. Dry: First of all, do not apply this product dry when it is windy. You should use a drop spreader to distribute three lbs of the Sulfur for every 100 sq ft of soil. This way the PH of the soil will be lowered by about 1 unit. Apply as much as you need to get the optimal range of 4.5 and 5.5.
2. Wet: The second method might be a bit easier because you can dissolve 1 lb of the sulfur in 2 gallons of water, and you can spray it over the soil with a pump sprayer. This method also covers a larger area of 200 sq ft.
Make sure to water the area after a few days so the product dissolves well. This product also controls unwanted growth such as weeds, fungus, or grass if you apply it as follows: Mix 1/4 cup of the sulfur with five gallons of water and spray the area 2-3 times per year.
- Do not apply this product when it is windy outside.
- Apply this product during early evenings for optimal results.
- Make sure it is well diluted if you mix it with water.
- Make sure you clean the pump after usage.